Heating bills giving you a cold shiver? Home Energy Scotland is here to help save the day. It provides free and impartial advice on saving energy, staying warm and cosy in the home this winter and beyond, all while cutting your bills at the same time.
Staying cosy doesn’t have to mean cranking up the heating - there are plenty of alternatives ways to stay warm (check out the Home Energy Scotland page) and we’d love to hear all your tips on the small or clever things you do. We’re on the hunt for the most creative ways of getting cosy in the home this winter with our new social media competition. The winner will get their hands on the latest smart technology which helps you control your energy usage, and most importantly, your bills.
Could it be yours?
You could be in with the chance of winning a Hive 2 with professional installation included.
To get involved all you have to do is comment on the Hive competition posts on our Facebook or Twitter pages and tell us about your most creative ways to stay cosy during winter months. Tell us about your favourite pair of woolly socks that were knitted by your fine self, or maybe you’ve got a special recipe to keep all the family warm?
The winner will be announced Tuesday, 8 December on the Greener Together social channels. Terms and Conditions are below.
Terms and Conditions
Entrants must be over 18 years old and must live in the Scotland.
To enter, users must add a comment underneath the Greener Together (@Greener2gethr Twitter account or Go Greener Together Facebook account) promoted posts to describe what they're doing to save energy or live a greener lifestyle.
Entrants must follow the same channel where they are submitting their entry (i.e. to enter via Twitter, you must follow the @Greener2gethr Twitter account or the Go Greener Together account).
Entries are only accepted between Tuesday, 1 December at 11am and Tuesday, 8 December at 12pm. No entries will be accepted if submitted after this time and date. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, 8 December at 3pm.
The prize consists of one Hive Active Heating 2 with professional installation. The Hive is purchased through Amazon, and the entrant must organise their own installation using a unique installation ID card, provided upon confirmation of address.
Winners will be chosen at random by the Scottish Government and its agency partners and this decision is final.
Entries on any other social platform (apart from Twitter and Facebook) are not valid and will not be entered into the contest. Comments must be posted on Twitter including the @Greener2gethr handle, or posted to the Go Greener Together Facebook page.
The winner will be announced on Twitter and Facebook. The Scottish Government will send the winner a direct message to alert. There is only one winner from all entries, no matter which platform they came through. The winner will be given 48 hours to respond. If this time lapses their entry becomes void and a new winner will be selected.
Prizes cannot be exchanged or refunded.
Invalid entries - Any entries will be disqualified if they are:
- Submitted using automated means - e.g. a computer programme, script or device, or other method or technique designed to unfairly increase chances of winning
- Third party or bulk entries
- Entries made in breach of these terms and conditions
- Entries with inappropriate, illegal or offensive content
- Entries received outside the opening or closing times of the contest period
- Entries which are dishonest or from illegitimate / duplicate or non-established accounts
- Entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Scottish Government, do not constitute as entries
- The Scottish Government may verify the validity of entries, disqualify any entrant and invalidate or recover prizes issued to an entrant following breach of these terms and conditions.
- We are not responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete entries or information caused by an entrant or occurring during transmission.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Twitter, Facebook or Hive and by entering this promotion entrants hereby release Twitter and Facebook from any liability in respect of this promotion. Entrants are providing their information to the Scottish Government and not to Twitter or Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for the purposes of administering the promotion.