Light and delicious....
Frittata's can be made at any time of year using in season vegetables and Potatoes. Many other ingredients can be used separately or in combination.
1. Wash and prepare all vegetables. Pre-heat a grill. Warm the plates.
2. Boil or steam the potatoes until just cooked, set aside till slightly cooled and slice.
3. Place the peas in a small saucepan with a spoonful of water, bring to the boil and cook until tender for about 3-4 minutes. Drain any excess water.
4. Place the oil in the frying pan and bring to a medium heat, fry the onion until it softens, add the courgettes and fry until lightly browned, add the potatoes and fry for a minute.
5. Place the eggs in a bowl and mix well and season lightly with pepper and a little salt (optional).
6. Add the peas to the onion, courgette and potatoes mix, pour in the eggs, do not stir, and cook for 4-5 minutes or until the eggs are thoroughly cooked.
7. Place the pan under a pre-heated grill to finish and brown the top for about 5 mins, remove, cover with a large plate, hold firmly, turn and decant the frittata onto the plate.
8. Serve on the warmed plate, divide into slices and serve with green salad.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails.