A spicy vegetarian option....
1. Heat oven to 190 degrees celsius.
2. Prepare all your vegetables, ensuring they are all chopped into medium sized cubes
roughly the same size so they cook at the same rate.
3. Place all the vegetables (excluding the butternut squash), oil, spices (star anise, cinnamon, ground ginger, ground turmeric, paprika, chilli flakes) bay leaves, a tablespoon of cold water and a little salt and pepper into a heavy based casserole dish with a lid.
4. Cook in a preheated oven at 190 degrees celsius for 10 minutes.
5. Take the casserole dish out of the oven. Add the chopped butternut squash and a little more cold water (around 1 tablespoons). Cook for another 30 mins or so until thevegetables are just tender.
6. Add the drained chickpeas along with 50ml water and cook for a further 10 minutes in the oven.
7. Remove from the oven, give it a good stir.
8. Serve in large bowls topped with a spoonful of low fat natural yoghurt and freshly chopped coriander with a wedge of lemon.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails.