A spicy seasonal delight....
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC / 400ºF / gas mark 6.
2. Cut the pumpkin into chunks, remove the seeds, stringy bits and peel.
3. Put the pumpkin in a large roasting tin and coat the pieces with a tablespoon of oil. Put in the oven and roast for approximately 30 minutes until the pumpkin is soft and golden.
4. Meanwhile sweat the onion with the remaining oil until soft. Add the garlic, chilli, cumin and coriander and cook for a further 2 minutes. Put to one side until the pumpkin is ready.
5. Add the roast pumpkin to the pan with the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
6. Liquidise the soup. Taste and add a pinch of salt if necessary.
7. Pour into bowls and garnish with red chilli rings.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails.