Yummy and seasonal....
1. Pre-heat the oven to 200°C/ gas mark 6. Rub the potatoes with the olive oil, place onto a baking tray and place in the oven for approximately 45-60 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through, testing by inserting a knife easily.
2. While the potatoes are baking, boil a pan of water and blanche the sliced leeks for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Drain and refresh under the cold tap and, once the leeks have cooled, leave to drain.
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and stir over a low heat until it forms a paste.
4. Gradually whisk in the warmed milk a little at a time until the milk is incorporated and the mixture is smooth and free of lumps. Bring to the boil, reduce heat and allow to simmer, stirring frequently for 4-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
5. Add the grated cheese, mustard and the pinch of salt and pepper. Stir well and cook for a further minute or so then remove from the heat and keep warm until the potatoes are cooked.
6. Halve the potatoes and scoop out the flesh, leaving the potato skins intact. Roughly crush the potato flesh with the blanched leek and spoon back into the potato skins.
7. Pour the warm cheese sauce over the potatoes and serve.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails.