Tasty and in season....
1. Pre-heat oven to 200°C/gas mark 6. Trim the stems of the beetroot, leaving 2cm at the top of each. Wrap the beetroots individually in foil, leaving the stems sticking out. Place on a baking tray and bake for 45-60 minutes or until soft enough to easily insert a small knife.
2. Leave to cool, then rub off the skins, cut into chunks or into eighths and place into a salad bowl.
3. Cut both the top and bottom of the blood oranges and slice off the peel in downward strips, removing the pith as well. Slice either side of the papery membranes of the oranges to release the segments.
4. Add to the cooked beetroot then squeeze any excess juice from the oranges. Add a splash of sherry vinegar and a drizzle of olive oil.
5. Toss in the red onion and roughly chop the mint. Season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper and serve.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails.