Broadly, there are 2 things you can do when it comes to making your home warmer, cheaper to heat and tackling high fuel bills:
- Make creating the heat in your home as cost-effective as possible.
- Keep the heat in your home longer.
A recent review of the Warmer Homes Scotland (a scheme designed to help vulnerable people make their homes warmer and more comfortable by installing a range of energy saving measures) found that of those the scheme has helped:
- Most received measures valued at over £4,000.
- 8 out of 10 qualifying homeowners received the measures at no charge.
- The most common measure installed was a new gas boiler (generating heat more efficiently).
- The second most common was insulation (keeping the heat in).
Homes which have benefited from Warmer Homes Scotland have seen their energy bills drop by an average of £350 per annum.
There is more information on the eligibility criteria for Warmer Homes Scotland on GreenerScotland.
If you are looking to make your home warmer and lower your fuel bills, the Scottish Government and local authorities have a range of schemes to support homeowners. For free and impartial advice on what the best options for you and your property are, as well as what support you might be eligible for, contact Home Energy Scotland on 0808 808 2282 or request a call back.