The growing number of electric vehicles (EV) on the roads of Scotland is a clear indication that more drivers are recognising the benefits of going electric. However, there continue to be questions among drivers around the practicalities of EVs. Questions such as “can I charge at home”, “how far can I drive on one charge” or “is there a limited choice of models if I want an EV”.
The Scottish Government’s EV roadshow is visiting Dundee, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Glasgow over the next four weeks to answer questions such as these and speak to drivers about the benefits of a pure EV:
- Running costs around 3p per mile compared to 16p per mile for the average family car
- Zero exhaust emissions, helping improve Scotland’s air quality – which means no harmful pollutants (such as nitrous oxides, sulphur oxides and particulate matter) and therefore a greener alternative to traditional fossil-fuelled cars.
- Quieter and fun to drive
- Less maintenance due to fewer moving parts
- Charge your EV overnight at home by having your own charging point installed
If you would like to learn more about EVs, the charging infrastructure and be in with a chance of winning an EV for a year, the roadshow will be at the following locations:
- Dundee Overgate – 25th Feb – 28th Feb
- Edinburgh Castle Street – 3rd March – 6th March
- Aberdeen Bon Accord – 10th March – 13th March
- Glasgow Buchanan Street – 17th March – 20th March