Delicious and seasonal....
1. Heat a non-stick pan with the olive oil and sauté the onion, grated carrot and celery until soft. When the onions turn transparent add the crushed garlic, stir and leave to cool in the pan.
2. Place all other ingredients in the mixing bowl. Once cooled, add sauted onion, carrot, celery and garlic, mix well either using your hands or in a food mixer with the beater blade on low.
3. Shape the mix into burgers of approx 200g in weight and let the burger rest in the fridge for 2-3 hours, ideally over night.
4. Cook the burgers for 6-7 minutes on each side in a hot griddle pan or until lightly golden on either side then transfer to a preheated oven at 200° C/gas mark 6 for a further 8-10 minutes.
5. To serve, place the burger on the whole meal buns with the low fat mayonnaise, sliced tomato, little gem lettuce and red onion.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link a the bottom of the emails.