Quick and tasty....
1. Remove steak from fridge and remove any packaging. Allow to come up to room temperature for a few minutes. Meanwhile mix together the mayonnaise and paprika and prepare the carrot and salad leaves.
2. Place a chargrill or heavy bottomed frying pan onto a high heat. When it’s smoking hot add the vegetable oil.
3. Cook the steak over a high heat, turning once (2 to 3 minutes on each side for a medium thick steak, 1 minute on each side if the steak is very thin). Remove from the pan and set aside to rest for a few minutes.
4. While the steak rests use the same pan, turned down to a medium heat, to cook your onions, stirring frequently.
5. After the steak has rested for a few minutes take the onions off the heat and slice the steak into chunky finger sized pieces. The steak should be slightly pink in the middle
6. Assemble the wraps by spreading on paprika mayonnaise, then steak, onions and finally top with the grated carrot and salad leaves. Roll tightly, cut in half and serve immediately.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link a the bottom of the emails.