Delicious and in season....
1. Place a steamer, one third full with water, onto boil. Once boiling, turn down to a gentle simmer.
2. Place the potatoes into another pan and cover with water, then add salt and bring to the boil. Once boiling, turn down to a simmer.
3. Fill a smaller pan three quarters full with water, then add two tablespoons of white wine vinegar and place onto boil. Once boiling, turn down to a rolling simmer.
4. Meanwhile, mix together the crème fraiche, cucumber and dill and leave to one side.
5. Once the potatoes are cooked, drain and place the lid on the pan and keep warm.
6. Season the salmon and add the oil, then lightly place onto a small piece of greaseproof paper and place in the steamer. Steam for 4-5 minutes or until cooked. Place the kale into the steamer with the salmon on top.
7. Place the egg into a ramekin and gently lower into the vinegared boiling water and poach for 2-3 minutes. Once cooked, drain onto a tea towel or kitchen paper.
8. Add the chives and capers to the potatoes, then place in the centre of a bowl, top with the salmon, then the poached egg and finally spoon over the crème fraiche and season with freshly ground black pepper.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link a the bottom of the emails.