Warming and delicious....
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius. Peel and chop the parsnips and celeriac for roasting. Place into a roasting tray, drizzle with a little vegetable oil and a pinch of pepper then place into a hot oven.
2. Roast for around 20-25 mins until they are a light golden colour and tender when pricked with a fork.
3. Meanwhile, place a heavy based pan onto a medium heat. Once heated add the vegetable oil. Sauté the shallots/ onions with a sprig of thyme and a bay leaf on a low heat for around 5 minutes, being careful not to let them burn.
4. Add the roasted vegetables and the boiled water along with a stock cube into the pan. Bring everything to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Turn off the heat, remove the thyme sprig and bay leaf and use a hand held blender to whizz it up until smooth.
6. Serve in big bowls topped with a small dollop of low fat natural yoghurt and chopped parsley. Great served with crusty bread.