A healthy in season treat....
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a 12 hole muffin tray with 10 baking cases.
2. Sieve flour and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the brown sugar (breaking down any lumps with your fingers), ground almonds, cinnamon and grated nutmeg.
3. In a measuring jug add the natural yoghurt, oil, egg, milk and vanilla extract. Mix well using a small whisk or fork.
4. Add the yoghurt mix to the flour mix. Mix well with a wooden spoon. Add the chopped rhubarb and apple, folding gently until mixed through.
5. Taking a spoonful of muffin mix at a time 3/4 fill the baking cases. Make sure they’re all filled to the same level. Sprinkle a little oats on top of each.
6. Place the filled muffin cases into the pre-heated oven and bake for 20 mins. They are ready when a cocktail stick comes out of the middle clean. If still wet, bake for another 5 mins.
7. Leave to cool then eat or store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link a the bottom of the emails.