Fresh and in season....
You can divide the salad between four serving dishes or place in one large bowl.
1. Fill two saucepans with water and bring to the boil. Cook the broccoli for a few minutes in one of the pans. Whilst they are still a little crunchy scoop out with a slotted spoon into a sieve and pour cold water over to set the colour and stop them cooking. Leave to drain and then scatter over the salad leaves. Add the asparagus to the same pan and cook for a few minutes until just cooked but still with “bite”. Pour into the sieve and again pour over cold water and drain. Place these on top of the salad leaves too.
2. Meanwhile put the potatoes in the second pan of boiling water and cook until tender. Drain and allow to cool, slightly.
3. Slice the radishes thinly and scatter over the salad.
4. Put the seeds into a dry frying pan and gently toast them over a medium heat until they are golden brown.
5. Whisk the lemon juice and rapeseed oil together and season with a pinch of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Place the still warm potatoes in the salad, scatter over the seeds and drizzle over the dressing before mixing together. Serve immediately.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link a the bottom of the emails.