A seasonal treat....
1. Gently melt the butter in the soup pot. Add the onions, leek, celery and potatoes, put the lid on and let the vegetables sweat over a very low heat for about 10 – 15 mins checking that the vegetables do not stick to the base of the pan.
2. Add the hot stock and the cauliflower and bring back to a simmer.
3. Simmer in the pot without the lid for 20-25 mins until the cauliflower is completely tender.
4. Let the soup cool a little and then place the contents of the pot into a liquidiser and blend until you have achieved a smooth and creamy consistency. You can always add more stock if the soup is too thick.
5. Return to the pot and add the crème fraiche and cheese ensuring that the soup is not boiling.
6. Mix until the cheese has melted.
7. Serve in hot bowls garnished with the chopped chives.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link a the bottom of the emails.