Delicious and in season....
1. Place the chilli, coriander, spring onion, crab meat and fish sauce into a bowl. Add the mayonnaise and 100g of the fresh breadcrumbs, and mix all of the ingredients well to make the crab cake mixture.
2. Dust a clean work surface and your hands with plain flour. Take a couple of tablespoons of the crab cake mixture and form into cakes, patting the sides and tops to flatten. Transfer to a plate or tray, cover and refrigerate for an hour.
3. Lightly whisk the eggs in a shallow bowl. Place the remaining 150g of breadcrumbs into a second bowl and the cup of plain flour into a third bowl.
4. To coat the crab cakes, start by dusting with flour, shaking off any excess, then pass through the egg and finally press into the breadcrumbs. Repeat the process to coat all the crab cakes.
5. To cook, heat a non-stick pan with a small splash of oil. Once the oil is hot, place the crab cakes in the pan, turning every 30 seconds, until evenly golden and crisp. Once cooked, take the crab cakes out of the pan and drain them on some kitchen roll.
6. To serve, place the crab cakes on a plate along with some nice, crisp salad and the sweet chilli dipping sauce.
Greener Scotland would like to send you emails packed with news, hints and tips to help you live greener and to help create a cleaner, Greener Scotland. You can opt out at any time using the unsubscribe link a the bottom of the emails.