Sizzling and seasonal....
To ensure that the dish is perfectly cooked, prepare all of the ingredients in advance and have them beside the cooker in dishes or on plates. Chefs call this preparation mise-en- place and it helps with quick cook dishes that shouldn’t be left unattended.
1. In advance, blanch the broccoli by placing in a pan of boiling water for approx 90 seconds or until just about cooked, then remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and place in a bowl of iced water for 30 seconds to stop the cooking process - set aside until needed.
2. Cook the noodles (usually 1 sheet dried noodles per person) or rice (65g per person) in accordance to the instructions on packets.
3. Heat 1 tbsp rapeseed oil in a pan or wok and stir-fry the beef for a couple of minutes. Scoop out the beef and set aside, then add the garlic, shredded chilli and onion and cook for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add the beef back in with the broccoli, soy and 1 tsp sesame oil. Cook for 2 minutes then serve topped with the sliced chilli.
5. Serve with boiled rice or noodles.